PowerPoint 2010 Introductory Videos
After completing this video course (watch 1-4 & 7), you will be able to:
Try Prezi for your next presentation; here are some videos to get you started
Prezi YouTube Channel
Prezi Tutorial: Get started in Prezi
Prezi Tutorial: Simple steps to a great prezi
Prezi Tutorial: My first prezi
These videos are by Technology for Teachers and Students
Prezi 2015 NEW Full Tutorial
Using Prezi Templates to Create a Presentation
Publisher 2010 Videos & Tutorials
STICC (Student Technology Instruction & Collaboration Center
The STICC is located on the lower level of the Library, Room L011. 313-927-1582
|Fall/Winter/Summer Semester Hours:
Mon. - Thurs.: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
|Hours when classes are not in session
Mon. - Fri. by appointment
Technology assistance is also available during the Fall/Winter semesters in the Library most hours it is open.
This multifunction technology center provides a variety of services to current Marygrove students:
- Consultation Workspace - The drop-in lab is equipped with six workstations containing current versions of MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel. This workspace is supervised by a Technical Training Specialist and employs highly qualified student Technology Assistants who provide assistance in the formatting of term papers, PowerPoint presentations and other course materials. They are also knowledgeable in Blackboard and Outlook 365 email.
- Collaborative Workspace - Two state-of-the-art collaborative workspaces are available for groups of two to six people. These spaces contain media:scape Desking Systems which are equipped with laptops, a large monitor in which to project materials, and interactive devices allowing users to co-create content. Two days advanced notice is required to reserve collaborative space.
- TWIG (Technology Workspace for Innovative Geeks) - – the area featuring a small 3D printer and specialized software
- Technology Instruction - The STICC offers self-paced workbooks on a variety of topics for current students as well as staff and faculty. Topics include Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Weebly (creating a free website) and Infographics (using ease.ly). Consultations are arranged on an appointment basis for current students needing additional help.
- Presentation Practice Area - Students are encouraged to use the STICC classroom to practice their presentation delivery skills. Please call in advance to reserve the area and equipment. STICC personnel are available to provide feedback to students on their presentations. Feedback is offered on posture, eye contact, volume, time limit, tone and enthusiasm. STICC personnel cannot provide feedback on content.
PDF to Word converters
For both of these, you need to know where the pdf document is saved, because you will upload it.
NOTE: After the conversion/download, some re-formatting may be needed (spacing, font, margins, table features).
pdf-to-word-converter This only converts if the document was originally created in Word then converted to PDF. If it was scanned (copied) to PDF, it won’t be editable.
Convertfiles This one usually converts the document if it was scanned because it acts as an OCR. However, if there is a graphic (SmartArt) w/text, the graphics will not convert but the words might.
More free Technology videos & tutorials
GCFLearnFree Technology - short videos & tutorials on Computers (including a mouse and typing tutorial), Email, Internet (information on different browsers) , Windows (Basics, 98, XP, 7, 8, 10), Mac OS (X Basics, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, macOS Sierra), Linux, Devices, Digital Skills, Photos & Graphics, Social Media, Using the Cloud
Easily create an Infographic using easel.ly ... after watching this video you will see how easy it is.
Easel.ly YouTube channel (started September 2016)
Easel.ly YouTube Tutorials
Here's their Crash Course in Infographics (pdf document)